Wednesday 19 August 2015

Day 4 Vancouver to Victoria (18/8/15)

We had a very busy day today as we travelled from Vancouver to Victoria. This involved catching the Skytrain to Bridgeport station, catching a bus to the ferry terminal at Tsawwassen to catch a ferry to Swartz Bay on Vancouver Island. The ferry takes about 1 1/2 hours and is a magnificent trip through the straits with breathtaking views of the coastline, islands and inlets on the way.






View of Mt Baker in Washington State USA





After we arrived at Swartz Bay we caught another bus to Victoria which took about an hour and then finally another bus to arrive near to my friend Elizabeth's house where we are staying for the next week. 

Before all of these adventures we decided on our last day in Vancouver to once again hire bikes and ride around the park (great idea except my backside was sore from the bikeride the previous day!!) I managed once around and then after a picnic Doug and Dominique went around again while i rested my posterior!!!




Our small sandwich we bought for lunch!!!!
Lovely picnic spot

I also tried bubble tea today - this was a first and i admit i had never heard of it until today! I loved it!! It is very very different to anything i have ever had in the tea department! But i love tea so was willing to give it a go. It did take a while to decide what to have and in the end had a pineapple green tea with half pinepple jelly and half pearls. I will be trying more flavours!!!!!




Right now I am relaxing in the sunroom of my friend's house, cuddling her beautiful dogs and enjoying a morning cuppa. Today we explore Victoria!



No comments:

Post a Comment